Velocity is an award-winning social enterprise working to promote healthy, happy lifestyles through its vibrant vegetarian café, bicycle workshop and community cycling projects. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic can-do person to join our team as Café Manager.
You will have both catering and management experience, with a passion for creating fresh, nourishing and inspiring vegetarian food. You will be expected to create and stick to budgets, meet targets and develop strategies for growth.
The Velocity Café is a welcoming and comfortable space serving a range of healthy, vegetarian food, excellent coffee and cake. The café is busiest during breakfast, brunch and lunch with a range of evening events being held driving customers to the venue.
The café kitchen has recently been refurbished with capacity to deliver a wider menu and therefore we are looking for someone who can develop and drive the café forward.
• Full responsibility for the effective operation of the café
• Direct line management responsibility for all café staff
• Prepare food and train café staff to assist with the preparation and delivery of food and beverages to
the consistently high standard required
• Develop creative and inviting menus, which are costed appropriately
• Ensure efficient ordering and effective stock control, minimizing waste
• Monitor income and expenditure, report to the Board on financial performance and develop and stick
to budgets and targets
• Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety, fire and food hygiene standards
• Ensure the cafe is a friendly and inviting place that welcomes customers, provides prompt service and
good quality food and beverages
The role is full time, with attractive working hours of 35 hours per week, five days in seven. Salary is dependent on experience.
If you get what Velocity is about and have the experience and passion to manage and develop the café, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join the Velocity team.
Applications should be sent to the Board of Directors at email@example.com
Closing date: 12th September 2019