Velocity café and bicycle workshop is a social enterprise in the heart of Inverness aiming to increase access to the joys that being on a bicycle, eating delicious healthy food and telling stories can bring. The café plays an integral role and our methods of delivery are uncompromising; wholesome, healthy, local food, at accessible prices, in an inclusive and welcoming space.
The job role:
· we are looking to cover 20+ hours per week. (Applicants for all or part of welcome)
· Shifts patterns vary, but there will be weekend and evening work.
· We are proud to pay our staff living wage (currently £8.45 p/h)
Duties to include;
o opening and setting up the cafe,
o cooking and preparing food,
o preparing drinks including espresso based coffee,
o washing up and maintaining food hygiene standards,
o cash handling,
o stock control, ordering, and collecting deliveries
o cleaning and closing down the café at the end of the night.
• Friendly and outgoing nature,
• Ability to remain calm and cheerful under pressure,
• Enthusiasm for cooking healthy sustainable food
• Cash handling experience
• Hard working and reliable.
• Barista experience,
• Experience of preparing, cooking and serving food,
• Enthusiasm for promoting cycling and healthy sustainable living,
• Knowledge of Food Hygiene
How to Apply
Application by CV and covering letter.
Closing Date: Midday, Thursday 26th October 2017
Send us your CV and a covering letter, by mail, in person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org