Fèis Rois Turns 30!
In 2016, Fèis Rois is celebrating its 30th birthday! We hope you can join us for a special event where we will bring people together to play music and raise funds for our on-going work.
We are planning a 24-hour music marathon over the last weekend of the Blas Festival in Inverness, from 5.30pm on Friday 9thSeptember through to 5.30pm on Saturday 10th September. Don't worry we aren't asking you to play for the whole 24 hours, BUT it would be great if you could get involved in a part of the session.
We are asking people who would like to be involved to acommit to raising a minimum of £10 for the Fèis through sponsorships from friends and family. If you would like to get involved in more than one slot then please let me know. The more the merrier!
FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER
- 5.30pm-7.30pm: Kiltearn Fiddlers & Alumni, Eden Court Theatre with Alpha Munro and Lauren MacColl
- 7.30pm-9.30pm: Gaelic Singing Session with Rona Lightfoot, Glen Mhor Hotel
- 9.30pm-1am: Alumni Session, Glen Mhor Hotel
SATURDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER
- 1am-7am: Ceilidh Trail Past & Present at Bogbain Farm (Closed to Public)
- 7am-9am: Rise and Seinn with Gillian Fleetwood at Velocity Café
- 9am-11am: Family Ceilidh with Highland Ceilidh at Bun Sgoil Ghàidhlig Inbhir Nis
- 11am-1pm: Junior Jammers with some of our weekly classes tutors at Culloden Battlefield
- 1pm-3pm: The Big Sing with Jim Gaitens and Bryan Beattie at Culloden Battlefield
- 3-5pm: The Tulloch Sessioneers at Eden Court Theatre Chapel
- 3-5pm: Scots Singing Session with Iona Fyfe and Annie Lennox at The Phoenix Bar
- 5pm-5.30pm: Strip the Willow Finish with our Fèis Rois Pipers at Falcon Square
If you would like to get involved in this event please email email@example.com or phone us on 01349 862600.